5/11/15

As Heard at a Sleepover

The players: Me, Grace - my 11 year old daughter who has clearly entered the dramatic preteen years earlier than I was prepared for; A - Grace's BFF who is like another daughter to me and equally as hilarious as Grace as they start this growing up thing.

Conversation while I was putting laundry away in the baby's room: 

A: So can I have that dress Miss Jaime when [new crush's name] and I adopt a baby girl?
Me: Ummm sure A.. Do you want to adopt one day?! That's great. Why?
A: Well cause my mom told me that is super painful to have a baby
Grace: Yeah and it's totally gross how the baby gets there too
A: Yeah it's all painful and totally gross. 

Advice from the BFF when Grace has to deal with the meanest mom ever in the whole world (I told her that she would have to find her phone herself since she missplaced it herself - can you even IMAGINE that!?) 

A: Grace, just stop walking. Sit down Grace.  Take a chill pill - its not that big of a problem.  Okay, did you take a chill pill now?
Grace:  Okay, I took a chill pill.

The Grand Plans made by the 11 year olds

Grace: So this weekend is Mother's Day.  And we know that there isn't much planned so we thought of a great idea! A can sleepover and you can drive us to the mall. And we might buy you a Starbucks there.  We want to go to our favorite store but you can just shop in the kids store next door.  We will text you when we are done and ready for you to come back (aka need money to buy things).  It's like your Mother's Day present!!!
Me: Oh, so I get the privledge of driving you to the mall on a Friday night as my Mother's Day gift?
Grace: Yeah.  But we will totally buy you a Starbucks.  But if you get that new Frapp, will you share with us?

Friday night - little kids are in bed, the Hubby has his pain meds and is resting, and we can finally leave for the mall outing 

Me: Girls, get your stuff and let's go.  Hey -- why did you change Grace; you were adorable in that cute dress today.
Grace:  Cause Mom.  We are going to the mall and wearing our Paris outfits.
A: Yea, Mrs Jaime.  I am going to change at my house too before we go.
Grace:  Mom! There might be cute boys there and we want to wear our matching Paris stuff.
A: Well, most of the cute boys hang out at [the sports facility] but you never know so you should always be ready to see them!
Me:  (shaking my head in disbelief and in fear of the teenage years)

Overheard in the back seat en route to the mall, listening to NKOTB at their request: 

I can't wait til we are old - or like our parents age - and they do One Direction reunion concerts.
That will be so cool!

No comments: