10/25/06

Where the Hell Was I?!

Seriously, I did not forget you----the past week has been one of those times when I simply needed to disappear from the world a bit.

Let's recap:

1. Conference is over for this year and I am going through a bit of withdrawl. Really. The "high" of being onsite at conference is so exhilirating that when its all over, I have a feeling of let-down; almost like a withdrawl from an addiction. Running around a hotel dealing with 1200 people for 15 hours a day becomes normal by the end of the week. Now that I am sitting at my desk for 8 hours a day, I am not real sure what to do with myself.
2. Things starting progressing with the house. Looks like we might actually own the place before Christmas----finally!!!! We are inheriting Hubby's childhood home and it has taken 2 1/2 years to get to this point when the appraiser comes in to figure out how much we owe on the house. Could be good news, could be bad news. But at least its news! Its stressful and frustarating and exciting. While I just want to know the outcome, at the same time, I dont want to know. There are too many "what if" questions that the entire process is so draining for me.

3. Took Grace to the doctor this weekend and had to do a neubulizer treatment. NEVER AGAIN! We had to hold her down so the medicine would get into her system. Now she is fine but only after 4 days of Baby Steroid medicines. Yep.....my baby was on 'roids for her allergies.


4. When baby gets sick, Mommy gets it worse. I have been laying around my house for 3 days with a sinus infection. Ever wake up and your head is too heavy to lift off the pillow? That was me yesterday. Now I am all drugged up on Sudafed and at the office. Oh yeah, and i slammed my finger in the hall closet door and can barely move it without excruiating pain!!!

I am a mess! But hopefully in the next few days, I can pull myself together just a little.

1 comment:

-L said...

You poor thing!! We'll have fun this weekend, get your mind off of things :)

Oh, and you didn't slam your finger into that door on purpose did you? Looks like someone wants to get out of ribbon tying!

JK!