9/1/06

Relax? Huh? What's That?

I can hear the hum of the aquarium. Its not too often that I can actually hear the washing machine stop. And believe it or not, this mom can sit down for 15 consecutive minutes.

This, my friends, is how I have spent the last 2 days. Yesterday, most of the day was spent staring at the blank walls of the Out-Patient Surgery lobby. Today, I have left my house twice....once to go to the doctor with Hubby Cranky-Pants and once to go to the store for soda and butter. Being trapped in the house is tough for me...the one who always has to go, go, go. Even my boss told me to relax and stop checking my emails today!!!

Grace has been staying with my parents since Wednesday so that Hubby and I could get through the surgery and immediate post-op recovery without having to worry about her. She is 2 which means she has no concept of the fact that she cant climb all over Daddy and that she cannot hit him in the head/face even accidently. In fact, for the next few days, he cant even get out of bed for any extended period to play with her. Grace comes home tomorrow so I guess we will see how she does then, huh?

Until then, I am trying to relax in the quiet house. Tougher than it sounds actually. I am so used to being busy that I have been finding myself wandering through the house just to kill some time. I cant leave Bill alone for extended periods of time since he cant do much on his own right now. But tomorrow I think I am going to run some errands; just get out of the house for an hour or so. We need a new trashcan for the kitchen and I want to look for bedroom decor things....sounds like a trip to Linens N Things to me!!!

So thats the update. Hubby is recovering but its slow and painful for him. I am bored but happy that I was able to take time off to take care of my Hubby. And we are both counting the hours til Grace comes home.....even though its been so nice to focus on Hubby the past 2 days, I miss her like crazy.

1 comment:

Bri said...

You know those pics of preggo with Grace you had done by a friend? Do you think I could talk her into doing preggo me and Ash sometime this spring? March-ish?