4/3/06

Wine, Dooney and Bourke, and Mommy Wars!




My birthday was this weekend.

I had a great time Saturday night at a Margaritaville party and then spent Sunday relaxing. For the first time in awhile, the hubby and I spent all day on the back deck, sipping wine, reading books, and blowing bubbles with our little princess. At no point during the day did I clean, fold laundry, cook, or lift a finger to any kind of chore. FABULOUS!!!! I highly recommend finding a day every once in awhile for that kind of complete block of household duties!

It has been awhile since I have looked forward to my birthday. 2 years ago, I spent my 25th birthday at my mother-in-law's funeral while 9 1/2 months preggers. Last year, we moved into our house on my bday weekend.....the hubby threw me a surprise party and actually tricked me into unpacking the entire house and making deviled eggs for my own damn party!!! :) But all in all, my birthday has kind of become "just another day" in the past few years. As a kid, I loveed my birthday so I hated not having good days every April. This year was spectacular so I think I can start looking forward to April again!

Here is the rundown of gifts: Hubby gave me a gift certificate for a massage at a new salon down the street! Oh, how I am looking forward to a hot stone massage!!!! My mother and Grace worked on a special project as well----a mug that they made at a ceramics place....Grace fingerpainted it and then the store made it into a pretty mig for me! I love it. Oh yeah, I must not forget that my father bought me the Dooney and Bourke bag I have been eyeing online for months!

A friend came over yesterday and brought me a copy of Mommy Wars. I am sure that you all know there is a book out there written by a Washington Post exec that explores the choices mothers make, stay home or go back to work? It has caused much drama in the mother-world lately so I am excited to actually read it and see what all the buzz is about in the book. I definitely have my own opinions on the matter so I am sure that reading the book will get me all worked up, or make me feel validated as a working mom, or something else complately! No worries----I will defininetly post my thoughts here.

All in all, great weekend. Now I must get back to work! Ahh. Mondays.....arent they horrible!?!?! :)

5 comments:

Bri said...

Happy "25" Birthday! I know what you mean about a birthday going from being a special day to being like every other. Congratulations on having a fantastic day and that killer bag -
signed,
Jealous in OH :P

Kristen said...

Love the bag and can't wait to hear about the book. Happy Birthday!!!

KatieJoeandGrace said...

Happy birthday!
Sounds like you got some wonderful gifts!

Kris said...

Happy belated birthday!! Love the bag. :) I'm glad you had a great day.

Famous Designer Fashions said...

This is a great blog, i came across it while looking for Dooney and Bourke blogs. Thank you!!