3/10/06

1st Day Report

Ever notice that on big days in your life an alarm clock is unnecessary?I set my alarm for 6 am. By the time it was time for that annping buzzing to start, I was already awake, out of bed, and in the shower. I am not a fan of early mornings----I firnly believe that if it is still dark outside, I should still be in my bed asleep-----but I managed to beat my alarm clock this morning. In fact, it was Working Mom's Twilight Zone here. Grace stayed asleep long enough for me to dry my hair, change my outfit at least 4 times, and do my makeup (this last step is normally performed in the car at stoplights). As soon as I was done, I heard "Mama! Mama" from the crib down the hall. Seriously, I have the perfect child!

Today was fantastic! The office is so different than what I am used to---much less formal than the corporate environments, I already see where I fit into the team, and am already working on meetings. hose of you who followed me through the last career move know that the biggest issue was lack of work......I like to actually DO my job when I am at work! Anyways, I am already knee deep in to do lists for the annual meeting, have a site visit planned for the end of this month, and on my first day of work, I was already asked for my opinions/thoughts/experiences regarding certain aspects of the meeting. It felt great!

Friday will be even better-----JEANS FRIDAY! Yes, folks, we get to wear jeans to work on Fridays! I havent worn jeans to the "office" since I worked at Old Navy 10 years ago! :)

So after one day, I am already feeling good about this new job. I see some challenges ahead but I cant wait to go after them!

5 comments:

-L said...

Sounds great! Looks like this place will be the exact opposite of your last job. :)

Undercover Angel said...

That sounds great! Good luck with the new job!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - both on the job and having a sleeper! Ash is up at 5 every day rain or shine...

I think you'll start to feel like life is a little easier, better, more wonderful. 8-10 hours of your day will be that much more pleasant now that you're excited about your work.

Have fun in Nashville!

We'll see you guys in a couple weeks!

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome! PS I love that pick of your "supermom" - it would make a cool t-shirt...

Anonymous said...

The downside of this fabulous new job is less reading material for me! I have to do my actual work now! Pah!