9/3/12

Back To School Eve

Tonight is much like New Year's Eve --- one that marks the end of one year and the beginning of another.  For us, it's the end of The Summer of 2nd Grace and the beginning of 3rd Grade. ((side note -- OMG - when did she grow up to be in 3rd grade already!?!?!?)).  For me, it also feels like the beginning of a new way of being for our family.

Last week was the last week that Will went to day care in someone else's home.  We loved A -- she is truly an angel and A took amazing, stunning, remarkable, and simply wonderful care of both our children.  We have made a big leap and have hired a nanny at our house.

In an effort to find a happier balance for me, the kids, and our family -- and quite honestly,keep myself emotionally healthy --- I took a parttime job.  Somehow I found a way to do it all --- keep my career moving forward and be at the bus stop each day for Grace.  I also get time with my little boy before he grows up too much. 

It was this way for the last month of school - but tomorrow, it starts "for real".  I have a week long work trip to start this "new life" --- once I am back, I will be at the bus stop, at PTO meetings, and helping out at Girl Scout meetings.  And I will also be creating event marketing blog posts and brochures and graphics.  Maybe this way, I can have it all.

After all the changes these past few years - and all the hard times and all the good times too --- I am so looking forward to having this time with my family, who, in the end, are the most important thing in the world to me.  It's a new year -- and I cannot wait for it to start!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ahhh...the back to school excitement! i used to love it as a kid, and i think i still get more excited about it than my kids!

Sisters Marie
Just Launched - Start Your Child's Closet on BTGTF!