4/12/12

Eight

In some ways, it feels like a lifetime ago  On other days, I just don't know where the time has gone.

Eight years ago, today, my life changed forever.  I knew, the moment I held that sweet little girl in my arms that nothing would ever be the same again. 

Looking back on that day, I remember the feeling of complete joy when I looked up at my new husband holding our daughter for the very first time.

I still have the silly denim baseball hats my mom brought us that said "New Mom" and "New Dad".

When we brought our little baby girl home, I remember thinking "Now what?  What am I supposed to do with this baby?".  I was the first of my friends to have a baby and even though I knew how to make a bottle, change a diaper, and cuddle the little one, I had NO idea what to do.

Last year was tough for her; but what a champ she is.  Never did she really complain and she was such a good helper when her daddy needed us.  And the day her baby brother was born, my little girl turned into the best big sister I have ever seen --- she and that baby boy have such an incredible bond and it makes me smile just thinking about it.

Years later, I look back at those moments and smile.  And I look at my baby girl who now likes to play in my closet and try on my high heels; my little girl who shuts her bedroom door to blast her Justi.n Beib.er music while she cleans her room; my little girl who is almost as tall as me already; my little girl with her own social calendar that, frankly, rules my life now; my daughter who turns 8 today and who is growing up so fast.

Love you Grace Marie.

No comments: