5/13/08

Not Here

Today is Grace's first day of preschool. It was supposed to be yesterday but that is for another post on another day. Today is the day.

Hubby dropped her off this morning. When they called me at the office on the way into school, Grace sounded so excited....more excited than I have ever heard her. She is so proud to be a big kid now and that alone makes me so happy for her.

After drop off, I told Hubby that he had to call me to give me a second by second account of how it went. And like a good hubby, he did.

This is what he told me:

H: Grace ran right into the class and started talking to kids and reading books.
Me: Great! I am so glad that she is so social. She will make friends quickly.
H: Yea. Remember that kid Caleb? (Note: Grace met this little boy on her trial day at school 2 weeks ago).
Me: I do. He is really a cutie.
H: Well he was getting in trouble when I was dropping Grace off.
Me: Really? How do they discipline? You got to see it first hand.
H: Well, Marco (the teacher) was talking to him. Apparently, he was mad at her and told her that he was going to k..ill her.
Me: WHAT!? Are you kidding me? What did Marco say to him?
H: Well, Marco said "Caleb, we dont kil.l people here at Chi.ldtime.

Great! That was the first criteria on the "Choose the Right Preschool for your Kid" checklist.

3 comments:

Bri said...

ROTFL - I hadn't thought to add that particular criteria to the preschool checklist.

Catherine and MItch said...

Yep, that sounds about right. I have heard that and worst from the little darlings. Can't imagine why I keep watching the little ones:)

laura said...

That is freaking hilarious!