2/14/08

Happy Heart Day


Happy Valentine's Day.
To be honest, I am not a big fan of Valentine's Day. Maybe it's because it feels a little too "hyped" or maybe it's the feeling of "why do we only reach out to those we love on one day a year?". Whatever it is, its just not my favorite holiday.

Now, dont read too much into that. I do love that Hubby and I get to go out on a date every Feb 14. And I love the chocolates that were on my desk this morning. Who doesnt like receiving presents? Seriously, we all do. Just admit it. :)

Last night, Hubby asked me what Valentine's Day meant in our lives.

Ummm.....havent a clue. He remembered though.

Our relationship started on Feb 14, 2002 when he asked me what I was doing that night. My answer: breaking up with my boyfriend. HAHA! And I did.

The rest is history.

The past 6 years have been eventful. Dating, proposal, marriage, child, funerals, new jobs, and so much more that would take up a whole post of its own. What I have realized these past few years is that I have more love in my life than I ever imagined. Just knowing that every morning starts with a kiss from my husband and some cuddles from my daughter makes my world go round.

3 comments:

-L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
-L said...

I agree, we don't really make a big deal out of Valentine's Day either. We'll do a nice dinner tonight though.

But I did just get the most gorgeous bouquet of flowers at work. So, I guess this holiday isn't THAT bad ;)

Unknown said...

I got roses and champagne at the office today. But they were from a convention bureau.

And the chocolates on my desk are from my boss.

Hubby and I have date night tonight so all is well! :)