8/9/07

I Will Never Put My Keys on the Seat Again!

Today was my first official day as a committee chair for the local industry association. I was so excited and incredibly stressed about it all; I had Leadership Training with the rest of the chairs and the Board immediately before the beginning of the first association event that my committee was hosting. Leaving the office today was tough but this was important to me as well.


Well, apparently some one up there didnt really want me to leave. I went down to my car at 1 PM (10 minutes later than planned) and realized that I had locked my keys in my car this morning!!!! I went back to my office, called Hubby and completely freaked out.


The event tonight had a baseball theme and I was up until 11:30 PM Wednesday night preparing my committee table decorations; cut out pictures of baseball hall of famers from Sport.s Ill.ustrated, gathered all the baseball stuff from around the house, and blew up balloons and drew on them to make them look like baseballs.


ALL of this stuff was on the front seat of my car. With my keys. And my committee binder that I spent an hour putting together earlier this week with ALL the evening's event information.


I was sooo happy about all this.


I had to hope on the Metro (hurricane-like winds pushed against me on my way to the station) and run 5 blocks through downtown DC to get to my training meeting on time. And then got through the event without any of my fabulous decorations.


At the end of the night, I had to Metro home......only the closest Metro station is 10 minutes from my house. Hubby and Grace waited at home for my phone call and they came to rescue me. I was stranded and my Hubby saved me.


After searching drawers in the house, I have found my spare remote entry key-thing and will rescue my baseball stuff, a day late, in the morning.


For now, I am going to bed so that I can leave this mad day behind me .

No comments: