2/5/07

“What parts yourself do you hope that your child gets from you?”.

At 2 1/2 years old, she walks up and down the stairs by herself. She knows exactly what she wants and when she wants it. She has to do everything herself. Her personality is all her own.

But she still cuddles with me, still likes to be carried, and she still asks me to help her.
Its Carnival Time over at Crazy Hip Blog Mamas. And look at me, participating! Late, but better late than never, right!?

“What parts yourself do you hope that your child gets from you?”


I want Grace to keep that independence---do things for herself, be her own person, go after what she wants. My mother complains, to this day, that my independence broke her heart. But know what? That's what I hope I can give to Grace.....to be independent and confident. I can let her grow up, move away to college, get married, and all that knowing she can handle it; she can be her own strong person.

But I want her to always remember that Mommy loves her, no matter what, and that asking for help is not a sign of weakness. That's what I dont want her to get from me.

1 comment:

TeamWinks said...

I'll be brave and allow my heart to answer this question. Despite the fact I will never give birth, I will hope that I still may nurture some traits in a child.

I hope to teach them honesty, patience (How do you nurture something you barely have?!), and a forgiving spirit.

Now all I need is the baby!