11/9/06

Its That Time of Year Already!?

You better watch out,
You better not cry.
Better not pout,
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town.
He's making a list,
And checking it twice;
Gonna find out
Who's naughty and nice.
Santa Claus is coming to town
He sees you when you're sleeping.
He knows when you're awake.
He knows if you've been bad or good.
So be good for goodness sake!
O! You better watch out!
You better not cry.
Better not pout, I'm telling you why.
Santa Claus is coming to town.
Santa Claus is coming to town.



I love Christmas. Its so much fun to stand in lines for hours trying to get the perfet gift for all 45 people on my Gift List. And I can hardly wait to read the instructions to a kid's toy at 2 am. But please dont forget about the big credit card bill that shows up in mid-January to prove what a great holiday we all had! Yep, I love Christmas.

I really do. Its all the adult crap at Christmas I dont like. Remember as a kid, waiting for Santa to come? Falling asleep on Christmas Eve was so hard-----my sister and I used to lay awake for hours waiting up for Santa. And yes, we swore we heard him one year!!! And oh, the presents---always loved those!!!

Now that I am an adult and I have to "assist Santa", not so much fun anymore. That jolly old man is expensive!!!! But the look on Grace's face Christmas morning makes it all worth it. She gets so excited and giddy over all the new toys and things to see.

You are probably wondering why in the world am I posting about Christmas in early November!? Yep, I am wondering the same thing.

I am starting to get in the holiday prep mode. Thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away. Check it off my list cause I have gotten out of hosting this year! HAHAHAHAHA! But Christmas, not so lucky. Hubby and I are hosting our first family Christmas Eve dinner at the house. STRESS! Tradition in Hubby's family is Fondue Christmas so at least its fun!

While getting prepped is okay early (right? it is okay, right?), I am starting to think that the malls in this area are going a little nutty. Tomorrow is Veterans Day. Nope, the mall is not hosting a "Remember our Veterans" event.

Santa is arriving at the mall at 3:30 PM to a big fanfare event. On November 9.

Its a liitle early for all that, dont you think?



(And in case you are wondering.....yes, I will be THAT MOM who dresses her toddler up tomorrow for the chance to see Santa's arrival at the mall. In November. Before Thanksgiving. Yep, I am THAT MOM.)

1 comment:

Bri said...

I can't wait for the pics from the photo-op with Santa!

We start Christmas shopping in June. That way that nasty credit card bill is spread out over several months. Easier on the ole budget :)

One tip for the budget-minded. Last year we instituted a name drawing - you spend 100 dollars on one person vs. 200 on 5. That way we all save at least a hundred bucks and you get one really nice gift instead of 5 little ones.