7/7/06

1LT Jeffrey Kaylor, My Hero




To end the Independence Day week, I want to honor a special solider.

His name is Jeffrey Kaylor. We went to elementary, middle, and high school together in Northern Virginia. He always had a smile on his face, always said hello in the crowded hallways at high school, and was the kindest person. He died on April 7, 2003 in Baghdad.

Friends, families, and strangers have all left messages for Jeff. I like to think that he reads them daily; that he knows how much he was loved and how much he is missed today. We are starting to plan our 10 year high school reunion and I cant help but be sad that Jeff (or Ffej as he was known by his best friends) wont be there with us.

Please keep Jeff, his wife, and his entire family in your prayers. We are free because of his sacrifice.

Jeff: You died fighting for our country. Fighting for all the freedoms that we have. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for keeping the country safe for my family and my daughter. Rest in peace. You live on in all of our hearts and you will never be forgotten. You are my hero.

Click here to learn more about Jeff and his sacrifice.

1 comment:

GiBee said...

Thank you for this tribute, Jamie -- it's beautiful.