5/16/06

Mother's Day (belated)

I am a bad mommy/mom/mama/whatever blogger----I did not write a Mother's Day post! I will sit in time out later but for now, I write.

I took the entire weekend off. I did nothing productive and it felt so good! The hubby and I took a mini-vacation (went to a wedding and then stayed at the hotel overnight, without the toddler, 5 miles from our house!). SO great! And on Mother's Day, the only productive thing I did was dye the greys away from my head.

And all you ladies out there. I have the best hubby and daughter in the world. For Mother's Day, they got me the gift that keeps on giving and that has made me so damn happy for the past few days; every month for the next year, a maid will come to my house and clean it top to bottom!!!! Yes, I got maid service for Mother's Day. Can you think of a better gift for a busy mom!?!?!?!

To top it all off, I received my first Mother's Day care made by Grace at day care. It is made of construction paper and ribbon and has toddler squiggly coloring all over it but it is the most beautiful card I have ever seen. Right now its hanging on our memo board in the kitchen but you betcha----its one for the baby book!

Looking back on my Mother's Day this year, it was perfect. We spent a little time with my Mom and spent the rest of my day with my own family. Because after all, isnt that all we really want anyways----time with our families?

So all in all, my Mother's Day was perfect. Hope yours was too! Now, back to reality!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

no WAY! I am one jealous lady! That is just fantastic :)

-L said...

Sounds like a perfect gift! That's awesome :)

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Mamacita Tina said...

The perfect gift! Throne that man of yours, he's brilliant.

Bri said...

oh man - I keep bugging Ken about getting a maid - he's worried about having a stranger in our home. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous!