5/10/06

The Dress

I know that I promised a week of posts about Moms but I just cant pass this up!

My sister's wedding is in 10 days. I am the maid of honor and there are 6 other bridesmaids (yes, I realize that is a ridiculous number of bridesmaids but seriously, I am not sure there are going to be any guests because EVERYONE is IN the wedding!). We picked out the bridesmaid's dresses a few months ago and when they came in, we were a little shocked at the color. The wedding "theme" is pink and green. Well, without further adieu, please check out my Pepto-Bismol Pink shiny satin bridesmaid dress.....................

Oh how fabulous! Not only does the dress make me glow in the dark (both because of the Pepto Pink and the fact that this Mommy hasnt been tanning in YEARS), but it makes me look like a giant rectangle!!!! The little sister is insisting that we all get our hair done professionally and she would prefer us to wear it all up. Well, I am a little afraid that the "curls piled on top of my head" will make me look like a hot pink Q-tip. Guess I should investigate the spray tanning sensation that is sweeping the country so that I at least dont destroy the guests' retinas on the way down the aisle.

Trust me, I will post pics of all 7 of us in these fabulous frocks after the wedding!!! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you look beautiful! I am a pink kind of gal :)

-L said...

I finally get to see the infamous dress! Yes it is bright but you look great in it!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhh--so NOT fair, I had to look last night and I'm bringing my sunglasses day of. Ouch my eyes! :) Just kidding--at least you look good in pink but I like the Q-tip comment

Unknown said...

Thanks for the nice comments about the Pepto dress. Really---last night I totally felt like a rectangle b/c the dress does not do much for the post-Mommy figure (it cuts off in all the wrong places as to not show the postive curves) BUT it actually looks better in the picture than I remember! Maybe there is hope after all!

Bri said...

Holy pink...good lord. If only you could go find some wet and wild pink sparkly lip gloss it'd be perfect! :P
I love it!

cheri said...

it looks great! really. a tan would be nice too. :)

Anonymous said...

It looks great, but um... the color is a little scary. Wear your hair down. I would. Looks pretty. Why fake tan? White and pink look good togeather. I say this, cause I am allergic to all tanning crap, and I am very, very white. :)