1/17/06

Long Weekend

Grace and I got to spend some Mommy and Me time together on Monday since I was off work. She is definitely a toddler, with the Diva attitude to match. Someone told me that all 2 year old girls have a Princess-complex. Does it ever pass? Doubt it---I still have mine! LOL! She is also in a Mommy stage. Grace is "famous" for bring a Daddy's girl. She hangs with the boys watching football and jumps out of my arms whenever Daddy enters the room. Well lately she has been attached to me, literally at times. If I am more than 5 feet away, she is unhappy. Even if I am in the same room. Its really adorable and I have to say that it makes my heart melt everytime she runs across the room yelling "Mama! Mama! Mama!". She has even started to say "Love you"...well, almost. Its prett garbled but at least she is trying!

Long weekends are double edges swords for me. I cherish the extra time I get to spend with Grace, Bill, and doing things around the house. Watching "Dora the Explorer" before naptime and then flipping the channel to my guilty weekday pleasure of "People's Court" while she sleeps. Now that I am sitting at my desk in the office, I wish so badly to be at home with her, to be making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and playing with all the Little People toys spread throughout the family room. On the other hand, there were times this weekend that I was longing for my desk. Not because I dont enjoy being at home, but because I needed a break at times. I need some quiet time, some time for me. Having a 2 year old at home does not leave much me time. Sure, there is naptime but that is the time you have to spend cleaning up lunch, vacumning the house because the baby is scared of the noise, and taking a shower. And have you ever tried to reason with a 2 year old? DONT---I tried this weekend and we both ended up in tears! I have to say that lately I feel guilty when I am home for not working and guilty at work because I really want to be at home. The plight of the working mom, I guess.

Need time to collect my thoughts on a few things. Will post later.

No comments: