1/10/15

And Now I Know

Obviously, I know NOTHING about fashion anymore.

Me: Grace, we are going to the mall on a school snow day.  Its going to be crowded and very likely you will run into your friends from school.  Do you want to maybe change out of your lounging-around-the-house outfit of sweatpants and a tshirt and beatup boots?  Maybe wear something cute since we are going out?
Grace:  Nah.  I'm good.
Me:  Okay, well T (her current boy crush) could very possibly be there.  Hope he likes the "relaxed slum" look.
Grace:  Mom, he should like me for me and not care about my mis-matched outfit.  And anyways, this outfit IS cute - its just a relaxed hanging out look.
Me: (secretly proud but ugh - WHY does she insist on leaving the house in this outfit while there are multiple new things in her closet unworn!!!)

Clearly, we are embarassing to be with in public,

Girls:  We have our phones.  It's not like we are going to get lost.
Moms:  No. You are 10. You are not wondering the mall by yourself.
Girls: UGH. Whatever! (as they turn and bounce into the Apple store alone carrying the blended beverage just bought for them)

We are old and are memory is shot - otherwise, the girls wouldn't have to ask the same questions 177 times in 4 minutes.

Girls:  Can we go to Fr21?
Moms: Later, yes, we will go.
****17.3 seconds later****
Girls:  Can we go to F21 now?
Moms: LATER!
*****1 minute later****
Girls: Is it later yet?
Moms: UGH!!!!

Again, there I go being embarassing, until the credit card is needed.  Then I am okay to be seen with.

Via text:
Grace: Can I get this dress?
Mom:  I will look at it when I get there in a minute.
Grace: WHAT? Why are you in the store with us?
Mom: Do you want the dress?
Grace: yes,
Mom:  Well then I need to be here to pay for it.
Grace:  Oh.  Okay.  But after you can leave again.

And, well, best quote of the day - still laughing.

As we are getting in the car:
Me:  So are you and A (the BFF) going to wear your matching dresses to school tomorrow?
Grace: No.  We are going to wear them on Wednesday.
Me:  Um, okay,  Why Wednesday?
Grace:  Cause everyone decided to wear pink on Wednesday.
Me:  Oh.  (As I hid behind the open tailgate of my car laughing hysterically while also hoping all hopes that Mean Girls movie hasn't already infiltrated the 5th grade class)

No comments: