11/7/07

Grateful Basket

Yesterday was an early pick-up day at day care. I thought it would be fun to spend time with Grace doing a craft about Thanksgiving. Having her assume the holiday is all about eating turkey is fine right now but I do want her to know that the holiday actually stands for something.

SO.....I gathered some supplies at Walmart (and couldnt resist the cutest little jumper outfit for Miss Grace). The project was fairly simple: We cut out leafs from construction paper, glued them to popsicle sticks, and wrote something that makes Grace happy on each leaf. The result----an adorable leaf bouquet of gratefulness.


Look closely at the things that make my daughter happy:

  • Daddy
  • Mommy
  • Cinderella
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Jake Dog (our dog who passed away 6 months ago)
  • Uncle K
  • Aunt Meggie
  • Uncle Buddy
  • MoMo
  • Papa
  • Silly Guy (random kids singer...really the Silly Bus but she made up her own name for him!)

Some pretty random things but, hey, at least I made the list!!!!! :)

2 comments:

TeamWinks said...

Sounds like an excellent project for the holiday. What's mommy thankful for this year? I know that could take a whole post itself, I'm sure!

Bri said...

I'm totally stealing this idea - pictures to follow. I'm almost afraid for what ms. thang will be thankful for...

did Grace know what thankful was or did you have to explain and if you explained it how in the world did you explain it? This goes back to the abstract discussion we had...