2/15/06

Bored on Day #2

Meeting day #2. For the most part, it has been really quiet for me. Of course, whenever one person needs assistance, everyone else decides they also want help---at the same time.

I am staying at the meeting hotel this week (not by choice by the way) so I am trying to make the best of my time here. Its a "local" meeting (only about 30 minutes from home) but since I am leaving some equipment in the meeting rooms overnight, the hotel staff has insisted that I stay on property for the entire meeting. Its a double-edged sword really---on one hand, it is nice to be on a mini-"vacation" after the meeting ends to recharge but on the flip side, I already miss kissing Gracie good night and being able to fall asleep next to my husband. Its only 2 nights---I have a friend who lives at her meeting hotel for a month every year so I cant really complain, can I?

SO what have I been doing during the meeting? When I am not assisting the attendees/client with printing or technology issues, I have printed address labels for my sister's bridal shower, planned the bachelorette party, and read a bunch of entertaining blogs. Oh yea....and I was on Babies R Us checking out all the baby gifts for all the babies that will be born in the next few months. (There must be something in the water around here because I have 4 soon-to-be-born babies to shop for!)

I am working on a few posts this week (I have the time so why not?!) so check back often---maybe we can get a lively discussion going!

3 comments:

allie said...

you DO have the right to complain--especially since you're so close to home. And this is coming from someone who understands ;) Let Bill know I'm around if he needs anything :)

kba said...

Allright - if you want a good discussion going - I have a haunting parenting question - how do you get these little boogers to sleep!? Ash is still waking up 2-4 times a night - If she was waking up sad/crying it'd be a different story - but her little head pops up and she's giggling! The booger is laughing and holdling her arms up to get picked up! Sooooo...share your parenting sleep secrets!

Anonymous said...

Your ideas are clear and intuitive. Well written blog. If you need diet and weight loss information please visit Weight Loss